2 kits-2 very different TA numbers?

Mar 5, 2014
Katy, TX
Brand new pool owner. Plaster with quartz aggregate Trying to get my pool levels all leveled out. PB threw a bunch of stuff in the pool and now I have to fix it ;). I've got my chlorine to 2.0, CYA seems to be around 30-35 (but since it hasn't been a week, I will wait and retest that reading). But my worry is the TA. I started testing with the Pentair kit they gave me and then switched to the Taylor k2006 when it came in. I got such different TA results that I tested back to back. One gave me a reading of 80, and one gave me a reading of 150! Is there sown thing I am doing wrong? I don't know which kit to believe! Thx!

When you did the test with the Taylor kit, did you wipe the tip with a damp cloth to remove any static electricity ? The static electricity can make for irregular or larger than normal drop sizes and skew the test. Try it with using the damp cloth and see what ya get.
Also what is your PH level and how stable is it ? ?

Thanks! Wiped it down and the retest came back at 120. Much closer to the other one-so probably more accurate! Appreciate the help! In sure I will have more questions-and will update my sig now that the pool is done! Yay!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.