Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi everyone,
We just finished having our first pool built. It's been in service for about a month now and had our issue. The pool chemicals have been as expected. TA has been slightly on the high side and the the PH has been between 7.8 and 8 according to the guest strips and the pool store testing. I have yet to order a test kit but it is on our list of things to order.
The other night we just finished our landscaping installation. Unfortunately we had a seriously heavy rain that took all of our fresh loose soil and decided to fill up our pool with dirt and sand from the massive overrun. We had over 4 inches of rain in about 2 hours. Needless to say we have been running the filter on our highest preset speed, brushing, vacuuming like it is going out of style. I cleaned the filter after 12 hours of the filter running non stop after the incident and than again about 36 hours after the incident. 38 hours into it and the pool is still slightly green but is clearing up quickly. I ended up adding 1/2 gal of MA right after the first filter cleaning. I also performed our first Shock to keep the pool in check.

Our TC is at 8, FC is >=10, TA is ~80, HP is at 7.2, and Total Hardnes i s at 250.

I have an acquaintance who owns a pool refinishing/servicing company and his initial recommendation was to brush, vacuum, and keep the filter clean until it clears up. I haven't had a chance to chat with him since it initially happened.

In short I am new to pools and the site so you can expect a few postings from me here an there. I am looking at doing some home automation and would like to include the pool. I am looking forward to the community and any insight everyone may have.