Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How do I switch from a mineral system to SWCG?

1. Back To Top    #1

Edison, NJ

How do I switch from a mineral system to SWCG?

Thank you for having this site! I am a new pool owner (July 2014). I was sold a mineral system with my pool and I will not be using this next year. I plan on going with the Hayward Aqua Trol HP-TL. I am looking for suggestions on how to close my pool. I was thinking of just pulling out the mineral pac & torpedo pac and going with the TFP method for the remainder of the season. I like the ease of the SWGC because I travel.Your suggestions and thoughts are appreciated! I am new to pool chemistry. Here are my current numbers:

FC 4.5
    CC 0.5
    TC 5.0
    CYA 20
    PH 7.5
    TA 110
    21' 10,000 AG Riverside RTR (Wilbar) Built July 2014, Vinyl Liner, Hayward Perflex DE EC40, Hayward 1HP Powerflow Matrix Pump single speed,TF100 test kit, Leap Frog Mineral System (Switching to SWGC next season)

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: How do I switch from a mineral system to SWCG?

Welcome to the forum. Just pull out those "packs". Pool School has articles on how to close your pool.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!