Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help reattaching underwater light

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help reattaching underwater light

Hey guys,

I think either some rough housing or my kreepy krawly dislodged my underwater light. Went out to do my daily thing and noticed the light looked crooked. I touched to see if it was lose and it about fell out. How do I snap this thing back in?

Also the last few weeks I've been losing lil over an inch of water every day which hasn't happened all summer. Could I be losing water behind this light?
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help reattaching underwater light

Ok.....got the light out, it has a light wedge that appears to be good shape I just can't figure out how to put it back in.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

3. Back To Top    #3

As long as the conduit is intact you shouldn't lose any water.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

You can always try to use dye to see if maybe you have a leak back there. https://www.google.com/#q=you+tube+dye+leak+swimming

Do you have the make of light or pictures of the light you can post ??
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Glad I took the light out there was a wad of algae back there. Other than that everything appears to be in good shape. It's an old Pentair light I'm sure. The glass is blue. I figured out there was a grove on the bottom of the light that the metal tab sat in. My problem was fitting the wedge and screw at the top. Got it in and tightened it with the screwdriver but it doesn't seem I could get it tight enough. It's still seems a little lose. Being female, I had to end up getting in the pool to do it since my arms weren't long enough to reach over and poor hubs can't swim.
    Montgomery, AL

6. Back To Top    #6

If you are loosing an inch of water a day that tells be that the integrity of that pipe may be compromised. Or I believe there is a gasket in there somewhere that may have been tweeked.

30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois

7. Back To Top    #7

Have yet to get the light seated correctly. Gotta get it in and che k for leaks this weekend so I can put the leaf net on. Leaves and pine needles are already falling in Al and driving me to drink!
    Montgomery, AL