How do I remove calcium in above ground pool?

I have a summer escapes 12'x30". We put up aprox June 2014, 2 no ago. 1st pool. Use Walmart chlorine tabs. Used 12lb baking soda to balance all else & clear balance tabs to keep up levels. Used Walmart shock n swim, calcium! Now I have a sandy like calcium. Now I know better! How do I safely remove this sandy like calcium substance? Vacuuming with pool blaster max & maintaining levels well. Want to clear this up. We stay warmer in Texas & will be able to continue use for awhile. Already have a pro series 16' x 48" for next season. I've read chlorine bleach, vinegar, etc. chemicals are very expensive. What's your thoughts on vinegar, chlorine bleach, & baking soda to keep clear & properly balanced? Please help me clear this sandy calcium too. Over chlorinating so no probs with algae . Thank you for pointers & tips. Glad to have found a site. New to forums.
thanks
Amy

Hi, welcome to TFP! Can you post a picture of the problem and a full set of test results? Usually excess calcium forms hard scale on the surfaces of the pool that feel rough like sandpaper. Not sure what you are using vinegar for, its not one of the things we recommend. Most of the answers we give are based on the test results, so we really need those numbers to help you.

Welcome to TFP !
Take a look at these articles from pool school.
ABC'S Of Pool Water Chemistry
How To Chlorinate Your Pool
What test kit are you using to test your water ? Here are the kits that we recommend. One of these kits will give you accurate water testing. Accurate testing is key to keeping your water chemistry in balance and in the proper ranges. The results from one of these kits will be the results we trust to give you good accurate advice on. The pool store or any other kit won't be able to do this for you. Best investment you can make for your pool. Test Kits. ?

The test strips just aren't up to the task of giving you accurate test results. Do yourself a huge favor and order one the kits I suggested. If you ever have to fight an algae outbreak you'll never do it with the strips and bleach. You'll just end up dumping more junk chem's in your water.
If you could add all your pool and equipment info to your sig that would be great ! Any questions you don't hesitate to ask. ?

We can teach you how to take care of your pool, but our advice is reliant on precise results that come from a high quality test kit. Test strips are highly inaccurate and do not give the precise results we need to make recommendations. The test kits we recommend are the Taylor k2006 and the TF 100 . HtH also sells a 6 way kit that may get you through the remainder of the pool season. Pool store test results are not much better than test strips on average, but it will give us a starting point if you have the water tested and post the results here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.