Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex sf15110 replacement help

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex sf15110 replacement help

My Intex sf15110 pump motor has quit. I don't think I have enough experience to repair it myself so I'm looking to replace it. I haven't been that happy with it anyhow. I don't think it ever adequately turned the water over (the pool is 20x52, holds 8500 gallons). The filter itself seems OK but is it going to support a higher hp motor? By the time I get any hose conversion parts etc. am I going to be better off buying an entire system? It needs to be something pretty reasonably priced too...

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Intex sf15110 replacement help

Hi, welcome to TFP! Many of our members with intex pools have switched out the standard intex pump/filter combos for above ground pool pumps and filters and are pleased with the results. A 1/2 to 1 hp motor will work with your pool. Do you currently have the intex sand filter? You can look for a 2 speed pump, they are a little more expensive, but you can run it on low speed and raise it to high to vacuum. They work very well.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!