HELP - I screwed up

Hello all, Thanks for the great site, it has worked wonderful... Until I messed up.

I put a new head on my sand filter (old spider gasket leaking) and I switched the pump and return lines! Well when i started it up, sand and YUCK came into my beautifully clean pool. I stopped it and fixed my mistake.

Now I still have a pool filled with cloudy yuck water, I have been filtering for over 24 hours and brought my FC up over 4 PPM just so I didn't get an algae bloom.

How do I clear up the water? (all other levels were normal as of this morning)

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Thanks guys, This is my first "Real Pool". I bought it used this spring and set everything up myself. What a learning curve! The water is finally getting warm enough to swim in and I did this. Do you think it is still OK to swim in? How do you check for that?

Thanks again,
Michael

Welcome to TFP..

You say you are keeping the FC above 4ppm, but what is the CYA? Depending on CYA 4 could be too high or too low. Are you using a recommended test kit, other kit or pool store testing.

I don't see any text results other than your FC was >4 yesterday and your cya is 50 today and no mention at how you arrived at those results. If you don't already have one , you really need to get an adequate test kit. We recommend either the tf-100 or the Taylor k-2006. Either of which can be ordered at tftestkits.net. Provide a full set of your test results when you can.

I know that I need the tf-100. I have been doing the tests myself with the pool store brand test kit. I bought it beforei found this wonderful site, but I could not convince my wife to spend another $$$ for a test kit when I already have one. I will get it before opening next year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.