Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ‘Chlorine feeder’- good for anything else?

1. Back To Top    #1

‘Chlorine feeder’- good for anything else?

This year my pool guy sold me and installed a Haywood chlorine feeder, said since we’re changing all the plumbing it’s a good time to do it.
    Bought a bucket of pucks and filled it up a couple of times before I found this site.
    Now that I’m a bleach bum I have a half a bucket of pucks left and this brand new feeder not feeding the pool anything.

Can it be used for anything else?
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ‘Chlorine feeder’- good for anything else?

Yes. You can use it when your on vacation or away from home for an extended period. Keep the pucks sealed up and they'll last for just about forever.
    Keeping your CYA level in range will allow you to use it when your away. That way the amount of CYA the pucks will add won't hurt. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Vacation, Whats a Vacation?

Ill keep this in mind when on Biz trps etc
    Thx
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

4. Back To Top    #4

+1 to Jeff's comments.

btw, this is fab and I plan to steal it! "bleach bum"
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!