Brookeville, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
Lots of stories about this, and it seems to be one of 2-3 possible causes.

So here's the symptoms (first, it worked last night before I went to bed):

1) E04 error code
2) I reset the heater with a power down
3) When the heater turns on, you hear a click of the relay, but nothing happens.
4) Eventually after a few minutes E04 is displayed

Now, I know that a common cause is the igniter, and dirt in the tubes, but the normal sequence of fire-up is:

1) The relay clicks
2) The fan turns on immediately
3) After 10-20 seconds (never really counted), the igniter turns on
4) It's now heating.

Does the fact that nothing happen point to the fan? It doesn't even try to start.

So I'm going to reply to myself.

I fiddled with it a bit and I felt the fan blowing some feeble air. However, I wasn't sure if it *always* did this.

So I finally figured out how it came apart (right side panel), and exposed the fan & motor. I could hear the motor humming, but now nothing was blowing. And I felt the top of the heater and it was hot. I did a quick touch of the motor, and it's burning hot.

In this case, it really is the fan. Fortunately Amazon has a replacement for not too much money .

So did you remove the motor and inspect the squirrel cage and was it intact or all rusted away? If it was still fully intact, then you most likely have a bad capacitor which can be changed out at a cheaper cost then the entire blower motor.

So did you remove the motor and inspect the squirrel cage and was it intact or all rusted away? If it was still fully intact, then you most likely have a bad capacitor which can be changed out at a cheaper cost then the entire blower motor.

I didn't do that, although I managed to track down a new blower motor for $211 shipped, which is why I didn't do any more diagnosis than I did.

Out of curiousity, do you know what kind of capacitor this takes?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.