I need a good source for polyquat 60!

Oct 21, 2007
I have searched this forum for help, but I can't seem to find the answer. We live in a very small town and I normally have to start searching for polyquat 60 (to close the pool) very early. I have been looking for a couple of weeks now and haven't had any luck at all. I even had my husband check Oklahoma City while he was there on Friday.

Does anyone have a good online source for polyquat that won't kill me with shipping and handling charges? I found this, but I am not sure if it's the right thing and they are not answering my email requesting the ingredients information.

http://www.poolquest.com/detail.aspx?ID=3177

I appreciate any help or suggestions!

Liz

brybejomom said:
I have searched this forum for help, but I can't seem to find the answer. We live in a very small town and I normally have to start searching for polyquat 60 (to close the pool) very early. I have been looking for a couple of weeks now and haven't had any luck at all. I even had my husband check Oklahoma City while he was there on Friday.

Does anyone have a good online source for polyquat that won't kill me with shipping and handling charges? I found this, but I am not sure if it's the right thing and they are not answering my email requesting the ingredients information.

http://www.poolquest.com/detail.aspx?ID=3177

I appreciate any help or suggestions!

Liz
try http://www.Aqua-Pool-Warehouse.com. Look under pool chemicals/algecides and it is listed as poly 60
They do not charge shipping, but my last order had a $6.00 handling charge-so better to buy 2-3 quarts at a time. My last order cost $18.99/quart with no shipping or sales tax

Out in town a quart runs $24/quart

Thanks Don, this is just what I was looking for! Why is this stuff so hard to find? I used to find it at Lowes but we noticed they changed the line of chemicals they carry. The joys of small town living.....

Liz

It's a pretty safe bet an algecide with the number 60 on the bottle, is polyquat 60.

I see their are several ebay sellers that carry the brand you linked in your first post. You may want to contact one of them and ask them what it says on the bottle. If so, that seems like a good price.

BTW, the parent company for NWS is AllChem Performance Products. You could also try contacting them.

SeanB said:
It's a pretty safe bet an algecide with the number 60 on the bottle, is polyquat 60.

I assumed that when I googled "polyquat 60", but wanted to be sure before I purchased anything. I still haven't gotten a response from them so if their customer service is any indication of reliability, I would rather pay more and shop elsewhere.

I will try your tips though and see what I can find out. Their prices are good, compared to everything else I have found.

BTW, you're doing a great job with your site!

Liz

Just noticed this.....

On the poolquest.com site I linked above it says "dosage: 4 - 8oz per 10,000 gallons" and on the site Don referred me to above, their brand says "2 - 4oz per 10.000 gallons". Hmmmm, that tells me the NWS brand may not be as strong.

Also, the ebay seller who sells NWS Algaecide 60 is the same person or persons that runs the poolquest.com website.

Liz

www.poolgeek.com

I use the Robarb branded products. If you buy them by the case, they give you a deal on free shipping and handling. I buy 2 cases and it lasts me for 5 years. I am in the process of ordering once again. Bulk for me is always best as it lasts the longest. This is my 2 cents. I do the same for metal master as I need that to control the iron/copper in the water here.

Good luck.

smooth2222 said:
is this the same stuff as polyquat?
looks like it is, but I wanna make sure, fiberglass pool and I don't want any staining

http://www.lesliespool.com/Home/Pool-Ch ... 14025.html

If I dumped some of this stuff in there would that kill off the algea and get it to stop growing?

I have electric pool cleaner that I can throw in there to stir up the water.
I think that is polyquat, Algaecides (including polyquats) can help prevent algae, but once you have it, you need to do the shocking process, since the algaecide will be ineffective killing it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
smooth2222 said:
is this the same stuff as polyquat?
looks like it is, but I wanna make sure, fiberglass pool and I don't want any staining

http://www.lesliespool.com/Home/Pool-Ch ... 14025.html

If I dumped some of this stuff in there would that kill off the algea and get it to stop growing?

I have electric pool cleaner that I can throw in there to stir up the water.

Oh my gosh! I just got on here to see if the Leslie's brand 60 was the same thing. The lady at Leslie's snickered when I asked for polyquat. She showed me their algaecide which listed 60% poly... Something and 40% other ingredients. I asked what the other ingredients were, but she didn't know. I asked if it had metals and she said to "trust her" that it didn't. I can't afford to trust anyone-my pocketbook is too thin! I came home to look it up on here. :) I love this place!

smhill said:
Oh my gosh! I just got on here to see if the Leslie's brand 60 was the same thing. The lady at Leslie's snickered when I asked for polyquat. She showed me their algaecide which listed 60% poly... Something and 40% other ingredients. I asked what the other ingredients were, but she didn't know. I asked if it had metals and she said to "trust her" that it didn't. I can't afford to trust anyone-my pocketbook is too thin! I came home to look it up on here. :) I love this place!
Why do you need it?

smhill said:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/post496818.html#p496818

The link above is to the post I made regarding my current mess. If I understand correctly, because my FC needs to be at 0 when I do the AA, then polyquat 60 will help to keep the algae at bay. Is that correct?
Yes, that is correct...and a good place to use an algaecide!

Look on the label.....if it says

Poly [oxyethylene 31512-74-0 (dimethyliminio)ethylen e(dimethyliminio)
ethylene dichloride]

Weight 60%

It's polyquat 60. I can't tell by the photo....but I'd put money says it is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.