Intex 635T reduced pressure and marble sounding?

Jun 5, 2014
Brentwood, Ca (Nor-Cal)
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all, had my pool up 3 months and lately I've been getting algae and low pressure out the return. Noticed some spots and streaks on bottom. Been adding 64 Oz of bleach to NY 5k gallon pool daily.

Pull out filter rinsed, pressure low and had signs of algae so went and bought new filter. A little better and next day very low flow. It was good when the filter was new, lately it won't even swirl the skimmer basket water.

Ideas or warranty? I want to upgrade but was hoping to wait til next year.

Algae will fill your filter quite rapidly. The only indication with Intex pump/filter units is low flow. When you notice the flow is reducing, clean your cartridge. Best to have several on hand, and keep one or two of them in your soak solution. That way you can do a quick change, and then rinse out the old anytime before it dries out.

I believe what Charlie is getting at is when you pull a cartridge out of your filter unit, wash it out immediately. Once the crud dries it takes alot longer to clean the filter out with a hose. Soaking the filter in TSP then washing them out will make them about as good as new.

Unicel filters come with cleaning instructions, and I suspect Filbur does as well.

Are you using the Intex branded carts? You might look into either Unicel or Filbur for your size, they do a much better job. Somewhere on this forum there is a comparison thread that shows the difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.