Sweat bees have taken over my pool.

Try placing a large bucket of fresh water away from the pool and put a dish of Sprite next to it to draw them over there. They are looking for a source of water and sweat bees love, love, love Sprite! At least the bees on our last camping trip love Sprite! If you have any water features like a fountain run it while you are swimming, the splash may help keep bees away. Check the pH after running a water feature for a long time since the splashing will drive up pH over time.

You can buy traps at home depot that hang. They enter the trap at the top of the lid through small holes. I usually also use the non diet sprite and add a dash of dish soap. The soap coats there wings so the drown in the trap.

Resolving Sweat Bees getting to my pool

Thanks for the advice. I will try the sprite trap. My only worries are that I may be attracting more. I already have to part the water to clear a path as I enter the pool! Lol.

They totally took over my pool too. After 3 yrs of constantly scooping them out, and many stings, I finally had enough. I have a lot of open land with woods nearby as well. It would be impossible to locate any kind of nest. This morning I took a 4’ x 100’ fiberglass screen and wrapped it around the pool fence. So far, it’s attached only at the top with zip ties - one about every 6 ft. Took me 45 mins to do it alone. I’m a 61 yr old female. Worked like a charm! Only one bee every now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.