salt corrosion on above ground pools

newpoolguyinmo

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 4, 2010
Southeast Missouri
We moved into a house that had an AG pool 5 years ago and I installed a SWG 4 years ago and love it. The pool is 8 years old. This year, the steel top rail had rusted all the way through and I need to replace the pool.

After talking to 3 pool supply stores, most of them said they don't carry pools that are made for salt or that it would void the warranty. I did notice one that had resin top rails. Can anyone tell me if they have had this same experience and maybe the brands or types of AG that are compatible with salt? Thanks.

I was looking in the forum about using salt in an above ground pool to change the feel of the water and came across this message. When I bought my new pool a month ago we were told that although newer pool designs include all resin parts they're still don't recommend swg and that warranty will be void if used.I still wonder if a one time application of salt to bring the salt content up will have lasting effects.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.