Sparkling clear water?

eqbob

Jul 25, 2012
Central Texas
This is probably going to be a stupid question, but....

I read a lot of posts that say things like sparkling clear water. Wondering if there are pictures that shows what that really is? I "think" I have sparkling clear water as it shimmers when it moves gently in the sun, it reflects the sun on the bottom of the pool, it makes you shield your eyes when the sun hits it and reflects, etc.

But I still have problems with my pool with the growth on the walls, powder everywhere, and the splotches on the plaster, so maybe I have no clue what sparkling water is really supposed to look like?

I have a friend who says he can tell by looking at the water if there are any problems. Short of green or other color stuff, I don't understand how you could do that and know what to do. To my eyes, water looks like...well, water...

On a side note, I see posts that refer to the BBB method of pool care and was wondering what that stood for.

This is probably going to be a stupid question, but....

I read a lot of posts that say things like sparkling clear water. Wondering if there are pictures that shows what that really is? I "think" I have sparkling clear water as it shimmers when it moves gently in the sun, it reflects the sun on the bottom of the pool, it makes you shield your eyes when the sun hits it and reflects, etc.

But I still have problems with my pool with the growth on the walls, powder everywhere, and the splotches on the plaster, so maybe I have no clue what sparkling water is really supposed to look like?

I have a friend who says he can tell by looking at the water if there are any problems. Short of green or other color stuff, I don't understand how you could do that and know what to do. To my eyes, water looks like...well, water...

On a side note, I see posts that refer to the BBB method of pool care and was wondering what that stood for.

BBB is a previous term that has been replaced with TFPC or Trouble-Free Pool Care. The change was done for clarity. What it boils down to is knowledge. Knowing what is going on in your water and knowing what effects the chemicals you add will have. Read the specifics at What is Trouble Free Pool Care?

Water that has algae and other stuff in it has a characteristic dullness. It isn't really dull, but it is dull compared to a truly clean pool. The best way I can describe it is the difference between cut glass and a diamond in the light. Both shine, but the diamond puts the glass to shame. It would be hard to show in a picture, but it can actually fool you into thinking the pool is empty. You'll know it when you see it.

Water is crystal clear, no haze, vivid blue/no green.

Sparklypoolitis:

2j5euev.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.