Please help, having dispute with pool builder and I need a neutrall opinion.

I'm not a structural engineer but I'm in agreement that the wall is needed. The reality is you're in a bad place. The builder has the upper hand. He's already profited from the work performed and has , or can, file a lien on your property. If you sue him, he's likely to disappear and open up under another name.

Be calm. Hire another engineer if need be. Try to work with your builder otherwise you could have a large concrete bowl down by those trees.

I'm not a structural engineer but I'm in agreement that the wall is needed. The reality is you're in a bad place. The builder has the upper hand. He's already profited from the work performed and has , or can, file a lien on your property. If you sue him, he's likely to disappear and open up under another name.

Be calm. Hire another engineer if need be. Try to work with your builder otherwise you could have a large concrete bowl down by those trees.

Thanks for the advise. At this point I'm going to see if we can work something out. He is coming by next week for a sit down. If he decides he doesn't want to finish the pool I'm fine with that as well. I will have someone else finish the job and pursue whatever I can on the legal side. I'm sure I can get get plaster, tile, coping and 400 sqft of deck for under 20k. I just refuse to allow someone to take advantage of me even if it ends up costing me a few extra bucks.

So, I met with the owner yesterday and I must say it went very well. I also must mentioned that the company continued to work on my pool after I refused to make any more payments till the issue was resolved. I personally thought this was a very classy move by Mirage pools. Norm the owner came by and informed me that he had confirmed with his crew that I was correct. He gave me a full credit on the wing walls and the engineered wall. I was happy with this as it allows me to use the extra cash on a much larger allan block wall that will provide twice as much flat space as what was originally planned. The main thing I would say to anyone going through a similar issue is, make sure you are satisfied before you write each check. If its not going as plan put your complaints in an email to everyone involved in the project. MOST OF ALL DON'T ALLOW YOUR DESIRE TO HAVE YOU POOL COMPLETED ASAP AFFECT WHAT YOU WANT. I can see how some would just go with the flow in hopes of not slowing down the project. In the end I felt that I was fair and Mirage pool was fair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.