Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My apologies to the members of this site and forums...

1. Back To Top    #1

My apologies to the members of this site and forums...

I would like to offer my apologies to the members. I came on strong in the forums and expressed some opinions which obviously didn't sit well with several senior members. I would say that in retrospect, I took some things personally and didn't spent enough time understand the people and personalities before lashing out. I also crossed some board etiquette which while unintentional, is something I should not have done and should have been more aware of.

I'm sure I've alienated a few members forever and I will just have to live with that. Several have however still been very helpful and I appreciate that and their tolerance.

I confess to not being very much closer to understanding the source of the problems I'm seeing in light of the fact that my chemistry tests 'pretty close' and has for a few months. I don't know what's causing my problems in the pool.

Here however, I've caused my own problems and I offer sincere apologies to the site owner, members, and the overall forum.

I placed this post here, in this area, not to hide it, but because I really wasn't sure where it should go.
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My apologies to the members of this site and forums...

Good first step. I was not one that was offended, but good to see someone stand up and take some responsibility for their actions.

30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

My advice would be to read pool school, and related articles, and as many forum threads you have time for. You can see what others have tried and succeeded or failed with. There is a wealth of knowledge here to be utilized. Take a deep breath, read til you can read no more, than apply you new found knowledge and enjoy your pool the way it should be enjoyed!
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

4. Back To Top    #4

It takes a big person to stand up in front of thousands of people and apologize and admit they were wrong. Excellent first step in the right direction.
    Learn all you can learn and help all you can help, things will always work out for the best in the end.
    Randy H.

Intex 18' X 48"
    G.A.M.E. Sandpro 75 Sand Filter (Single Speed 3/4 HP, 75 lbs sand, 2650 GPH, 7-way valve)

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by one_knight4u View Post
    It takes a big person to stand up in front of thousands of people and apologize and admit they were wrong. Excellent first step in the right direction.
    Learn all you can learn and help all you can help, things will always work out for the best in the end.
    I doubt I can do much helping for quite some time. I'm still working on reading, absorbing, and learning, and diagnosing my own problems. Likely best for me to loiter more and talk less.
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by eqbob View Post
    I doubt I can do much helping for quite some time. I'm still working on reading, absorbing, and learning, and diagnosing my own problems. Likely best for me to loiter more and talk less.
    Don't worry about that. or offending anyone long term. Some members, experts, and even MODS come on way too strong at first as much as new members. We are all human and capable of screwing up. I don't really think your posts were that bad to be honest, but nice of you to address the forum with an apology. No harm done, and I hope you continue to learn and grow your pool knowledge. Don't hesitate to talk or ask questions, we are all still learning something new every day we come on the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

7. Back To Top    #7

"Some members, experts, and even MODS come on way too strong at first as much as new members."

Heck.........we even let Brushpup still hang around!..........(although he's under heavy sedation and close moderation)
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I've got to say, it takes a big person to admit fault and apologize publicly. I have no clue what you did...but if anyone doesn't forgive you, it's their loss. Unless you kicked their dog. That's unforgivable. Since I doubt you were sneaking around kicking dogs I suspect it will be water under the bridge.

Everyone makes mistakes(except me, I'm perfect)....those that learn from them are the winners in life.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

9. Back To Top    #9

Everyone shows up here with different attitudes (not meaning that as a negative idea) based on their past experiences. We are all individuals and bring our past to the table with us. The problem with this, as well as all web boards is that everything is reduced to the written word - thus loosing the non-verbal communications that we as humans rely on. I have to admit that on many occasions I have had to sit back and scratch my head wondering where someone was coming from or what was meant by a comment.

Not everyone can make that "leap of faith" needed to cut the ties to the "experts" at the pool store and follow a bunch of folks on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by eqbob View Post
    I think that in very little time just as you say "reading, absorbing, and learning, and diagnosing my own problems" you will start to read other peoples comments and think to yourself, hey they need to test their CYA or they need lower that pH. It is at that point you will start helping others. I answer lots of questions, but heck I'm still new here. I just try to avoid answering when I'm in an area I'm not comfortable with. Seldom do I comment on SWGs because I don't have one and don't feel I know enough about them.

Stick around and swim, the water is fine!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

10. Back To Top    #10

It is easy to get frustrated when you just want things to work out and multiple people are giving advice and asking questions...sight unseen. I do not know what you said or did but, based on your apology, you will do just fine here! Take a deep breath and know, this too shall pass! Have a wonderful holiday weekend
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
    I've got to say, it takes a big person to admit fault and apologize publicly. I have no clue what you did...but if anyone doesn't forgive you, it's their loss. Unless you kicked their dog. That's unforgivable. Since I doubt you were sneaking around kicking dogs I suspect it will be water under the bridge.

Everyone makes mistakes(except me, I'm perfect)....those that learn from them are the winners in life.
    I would never kick a dog...have three cardigan corgis and a 21 yo cockatiel. Dogs are unconditional love. Something everyone needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all for the messages and the support. I appreciate it.