well here we go.....

starsfan33

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2014
Nevada, TX
So went out of town for 4 days. Everything was good when we left...and I added a pick floater with 4 Leslie pool supplies tablets to keep everything good. Had someone who was supposed to come by and turn the pump on each day...they say they did but I have my doubts! Here is what I came home too!

Here are my current numbers.

FC 2
CH 200
Ph. 7.5
TA 60
CYA 25/30 -ish

I had to put in an amazing amount of bleach to get it up to 6.5! Way more than pool math told me I needed.

And yes I'm still adding to bring it up to shock level. :)

I am so frustrated I have put absorbent amount of bleach in my pool tonight. I used 5 gallons of Clorox concentrated 8.25% and then I used 7 gallons of 6.25% bleach that was an off-brand bleach. Even with all of that bleach I still only got the FC up to 10.5! That seems insane to me. And now I am out of bleach until tomorrow. :-(

I am so frustrated I have put absorbent amount of bleach in my pool tonight. I used 5 gallons of Clorox concentrated 8.25% and then I used 7 gallons of 6.25% bleach that was an off-brand bleach. Even with all of that bleach I still only got the FC up to 10.5! That seems insane to me. And now I am out of bleach until tomorrow. :-(

Next time about 30 minutes after adding chlorine, test and report FC and CC for us.

Is the filter clean?

What gallons are you using for PoolMath?

I will post my next readings. This morning before I left for work...I only checked the FC and it went from 10.5 down to 2.5 over night!!! I put 5 gallons of bleach in before I left for work. I am stopping and loading up on bleach on my way home today.

On a positive note...the water appears to be getting blue-ish again!

Whew! PROGRESS!

I am having trouble keeping my chlorine level up over 12 because I'm not able to stay home with it. I came home today and it was sitting at 6 now I have it back up. Even with the ups and downs I am seeing progress. I can actually stand at the edge of the pool down and see the liner print vaguely through the cloud. Cloudy blue is much better than a dark green! Slowly but surely we are getting there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok...so I am trying to stay positive and keep working on my situation...but I am becoming discouraged because of my difficulties in getting to and staying at shock level.

With that I am hoping for some insight on a couple of questions...

1) could there be any reason you can think of that it takes WAY more bleach then POOL MATH tells me I need to get the desired increase in my FC? For example...if POOL MATH tells me I need 2.5 gallons to get to 13....and I put in 6 gallons and am only getting to 10.5.......does that make sense under ANY circumstances???

2) if the pool falls below shock level for a period of time...does it reset the whole process???

While I am seeing progress, I know that I am not keeping my FC steadily over 12FC as when I check it dips as low as 5.5 this morning....10 last night.....the consistent FC level isn't being maintained because its dropping faster then I can attend to it. But.....I AM keeping bleach in the pool!

seems as though after the rain...my pool looks like it has had a set back in appearance. im not giving up...but I am perplexed why I am putting in over triple the amount of bleach that POOL MATH tells me I need to in order to raise the FC. what could be going on that I am missing?

Now at 13. Will retest in a half hour.

- - - Updated - - -

In the past when I would start having an outbreak...my walls and bottom would get slimy. That is not the case this time. The walls and bottom feel normal...just the ugly green water! Although it's not green anymore.... Just still cloudy. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.