Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool test results

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool test results

Hi all I am a new pool guy, been reading a lot on this forum very helpful ordered a Taylor 2006C test kit with speed stir. I have made several test runs and feel pretty good about the results that I am getting see below. I have a Hayward T15 SWCG running @ 30 % 24 hours a day looking for suggestions on what I can improve on

Thanks
    JC

FC 11
    CC 0
    PH 7.6
    CYA 75
    TA 80
    CH 120
    26K IG Vinyl pool, Taylor 2006C Test kit with speedstir, Omni Logic Controller, Hayward 1HP Super Pump, Hayward T15 SWCG, Hayward S244T Pro Series Sand filter, Dolphin M4 Robotic Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool test results

FC doesn't need to be any higher than 5-7. Any reason you are running 24/7?
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!!

Well, you FC is certainly higher than it needs to be. The FC/CYA Chart shows you only need to be at 5-6ppm.

So, first, I would suggest you stop running your pump so much and save yourself some money. With a single speed pump, you likely only need to run for 6 hours (see the Determine Pump Run Time article). Then depending on how much you change the pump run time, you will need to adjust the SWG output.

Also, remember the pH test reads artificially high when the FC > 10ppm.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

ok, no just started out that way and have not made the needed adjustments (fear of turning pool green)
    26K IG Vinyl pool, Taylor 2006C Test kit with speedstir, Omni Logic Controller, Hayward 1HP Super Pump, Hayward T15 SWCG, Hayward S244T Pro Series Sand filter, Dolphin M4 Robotic Cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

Pool won't turn green all the way down to 3ppm
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

ok I have set my pump to run 8 hours 12:00- 20:00 and adjusted the SWCG to 60% I will see if this gets me to the 5-6 ppm PS I like to save money

Thanks for the feed back

7. Back To Top    #7

You'l probably save enough per month to buy a case of beer.

8. Back To Top    #8

Whooo hooo... Party at Jcaaronjr's pool... Robbie said he is bringing the beer.. LOL..

Oppps sorry,, was having a moment there.. ok back to your regularly scheduled diagnosis.....
    Randy H.

Intex 18' X 48"
    G.A.M.E. Sandpro 75 Sand Filter (Single Speed 3/4 HP, 75 lbs sand, 2650 GPH, 7-way valve)

9. Back To Top    #9

If I am bringing the beer, you better come to my place.