Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SLAM question regarding equipment, etc.

1. Back To Top    #1

SLAM question regarding equipment, etc.

Is it OK to use the robot during a slam? I know a vacuum is OK, but not sure bout the robot.

Also, how should stuff that is used in the pool (floats, chairs, etc.) be dealt with since they were all in the pool pre-SLAM? Going to just toss the cheaper stuff (anything foam, cheap floats), but just want to know how to best deal with all else. I have read here wiping everything with a diluted chl solution, but wasn't sure if some stuff could just go in the pool whilst it is at a high FC.

Thanks in advance for any info.
    Blaise - 24k gal, IG vinyl, 1.5 HP Centurion pump, Sta-rite System 3 sand filter, Taylor K-2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SLAM question regarding equipment, etc.

Don't put your robot in the pool during SLAM. The chlorine levels are too high for it, and might damage the plastic and rubber parts within.

The other stuff, it really depends. If it is something that is sensitive to high chlorine, I wouldn't put it in the pool. Your idea on the foam stuff is spot on, new ones are cheap.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks RobbieH. Am I correct that the vacuum is OK? Haven't had to yet since I have been backwashing daily, but may want to as there is a very tiny amount of dirt and a few leaves near the bottom center drain.
    Blaise - 24k gal, IG vinyl, 1.5 HP Centurion pump, Sta-rite System 3 sand filter, Taylor K-2006 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hopefully someone else can chime in, I don't have a vacuum.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
    Hopefully someone else can chime in, I don't have a vacuum.
    Thanks just the same.