Digital Water tester

Apr 28, 2014
Pittsburgh PA
I always seem to have trouble with the typical water tester. I have trouble matching colors and I'm looking to purchase a digital water tester. Can anyone recommend a accurate water tester for a decent price? I'm considering the Lamotte Q PRO 7 2056. Any thought either way? Is this an accurate/good tester?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

The main issue with digital testers are the wild results they tend to produce and the frequent recalibration they require. They're simply not worth the money for personal use.

Take a look at TFTestKits YouTube page. The majority of their tests do not require matching colors like test strips do. You simply keep adding drops until the color change is no longer noticed.

But, it is the one test that strips or automatic readers get very wrong. With a little practice and review of the YouTube video, you can get close enough for our purposes though. And if you want to really get a handle on it, you can get a 50ppm sample and practice with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.