Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump went out. How do I maintain until parts arrive

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump went out. How do I maintain until parts arrive

Hi folks. First off, Pool water is awesome and pool is awesome thanks to TFP.

Tonight I heard a bit of pump noise and decided to clean the basket and see if any pine needles made it through to the impeller.
    Cleaned everything up, filled with water, and started the pump. Everything was good for about 5 minutes. I heard a horrible rattly-airsucky-type of noise and my pressure dropped.

Long story short, the nose on the Diffuser in the pump came apart. So I ordered a bunch of replacement parts for the Tristar.

Here's the question:

Tonight is Wed. I won't have the parts until Saturday Morning. How do I maintain the water without the pump for the next 2 days?

Thanks in advance.
    15ft x 30ft IG Plaster 22,00gal - 7ft rnd Spa - Hayward 6020 DE Filter - Hayward 1.5 Tristar Pump - Kreepy Krauly Classic - Pentair S20 Skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump went out. How do I maintain until parts arrive

Take some Motrin and grab the brush. A Wall Whale brush will really move some water and keep things mixed, but I wouldn't rush out and buy one unless your current brush is wearing out already.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pump went out. How do I maintain until parts arrive

Thanks Richard, that is what I'll do....especially the Motrin Part

After posting this I remembered that I have a sump pump in my shed. I think I'll throw that in as well
    15ft x 30ft IG Plaster 22,00gal - 7ft rnd Spa - Hayward 6020 DE Filter - Hayward 1.5 Tristar Pump - Kreepy Krauly Classic - Pentair S20 Skimmer