Where to point the outlets !

May 23, 2007
Michigan
I have had my pool for almost 10 years and to date don't know how to point the outlets so dirt does not settle in large quantities on my steps and in a corner on the deep end. I have tried pointing the outlets in every direction possible and the dirt ends up in the same two spots. I also tried the ping pong ball trick and still can't get the flow right. My pool is a very common shape so I hope someone can tell me exactly what works for a similar set up (See Attachment). I also would like to know how much of the suction valve should be open to the skimmer vs the floor drains ? Right now the valve is set so the skimmer is open 100% and the floor drains 25%.

Notes:
1. The wind normally goes west to east in Michigan were we are at but lately it seems to change all over.
2. I have three outlets with varying size holes depending on how far the outlet is from the pump (Small, Medium, Large).
3. Hopper Pool is 20x40

Attachments

• Pool2.jpg
    Pool2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 47
Experimentation is the best answer. There are so many variable you sort of have to set the eyeballs, observe the results, the set the eyeballs again. It'll never be perfect but you can experiment towards the best combination.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.