Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to point the outlets !

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to point the outlets !

I have had my pool for almost 10 years and to date don't know how to point the outlets so dirt does not settle in large quantities on my steps and in a corner on the deep end. I have tried pointing the outlets in every direction possible and the dirt ends up in the same two spots. I also tried the ping pong ball trick and still can't get the flow right. My pool is a very common shape so I hope someone can tell me exactly what works for a similar set up (See Attachment). I also would like to know how much of the suction valve should be open to the skimmer vs the floor drains ? Right now the valve is set so the skimmer is open 100% and the floor drains 25%.

1. The wind normally goes west to east in Michigan were we are at but lately it seems to change all over.
    2. I have three outlets with varying size holes depending on how far the outlet is from the pump (Small, Medium, Large).
    3. Hopper Pool is 20x40
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20*40 Liner 2'-8' deep, Spill Over SPA, Electric Cover, Jandy Purelink (Aquapure & PDA), Hayward SP2610x15 (1.5HP Single Speed), Hayward H300 (Millavolt)

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Where to point the outlets !

Experimentation is the best answer. There are so many variable you sort of have to set the eyeballs, observe the results, the set the eyeballs again. It'll never be perfect but you can experiment towards the best combination.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School