I see pool of green

Aug 17, 2014
Houston TX
Hi new to forum, so here is the data requested...I hope .

I have AG Intex 18 x 48 round pool with SWG system with cartridge filters.
Here are the readings my local Leslies pool supply gave me from my water samples:
FAC -5
TAC -5
Salt 1800
CH 130
CYA 30
TA 90
PH 8.0
Copper - 0
Iron - 0
PHO-

it has been 2 weeks of green pool. I think my problem may have started with the filters, I was using the cheapo intex ones and changing them out spraying them off. I since purchased a Unicell Element C 4607 Filter. Been using that for 24 hours. I have run my pump and SWG for 24 hours and have cleaned the filter 3 times today...and each time it has green all over the filter and in the pump water. This morning before I went to pool supply I purchased Clorox algaecide + clarifier 128oz and added to pool.
Then had water tested, and Leslies suggested I add 9oz dry acid, and additional salt which I did. So now what. lol How long do I have to wait to see blue. Should I be running my SWG now as well for a boost cycle, or regular or not at all right now?
any advise would be great !
Thank you ! :confused:

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Step away from the pool store with your money in your wallet!!!

Algae is not a filter problem, it is a chemistry problem. To clear up the pool, you need to follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process using liquid chlorine, the SWG is not going to be able to do it alone. To follow the SLAM process, you are also going to have to invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits and stop trusting the historically horrendous pool store testing.

Forget the algaecides, clarifiers, flocs, phosphate reducers, lotions, and potions. You just need chlorine.

I agree with timerguy: Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you. Realize that you can not do this from Tapatalk ... you also may not be able to follow the links either (some take me to unrelated threads when I use Tapatalk).

Ok wow y'all are amazing I see blue clear water now! I bought Clorox liquid chlorine for $4.88 at lowes and doing the SLAM process and so far just 1 day later it's 100% better haha.
Also I added to my signature as suggested
Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.