Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellichlor IC40 & 3 HP Intelliflo VSP

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellichlor IC40 & 3 HP Intelliflo VSP

Hello all and thank you for anyone who responds. I am replacing all of my pool equipment and was wondering if there is a way to connect the IC40 power center directly to the Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump. I noticed that on the side pane for the Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump there are two alternate connection (one above L1 and one below L2) Are those relayed power for when the pump activates? If so has anyone had luck connecting their Pentair Power Center for the Intellichlor?

Appreciate any and all responses. I am trying to avoid using the intermatic timer and simply using a single source 20/20 230V w/GFCI breaker to power both the Pump and Power Center. I will add a separate connection for the Pentair heater to another breaker.

Thanks,

Gio

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intellichlor IC40 & 3 HP Intelliflo VSP

Never mind. I ended up buying the Zodiac Z4 Pool and Spa unit.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have the same question for perezsg. I now have a Intelliflo VS not on a timer since it has a built in. I have no automation equipement. Is there a way to wire the IC40 with the power center only to come on only when the VS comes on?

- - - Updated - - -

I have the same question for perezsg. I now have a Intelliflo VS not on a timer since it has a built in. I have no automation equipement. Is there a way to wire the IC40 with the power center only to come on only when the VS comes on?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the duplication...trouble with the site responding.
    25K gallon in ground pool with attached heated spa (~600 gallons). Separately plumbed dual Caretaker 99 5 port valves and waterfall feature.
    3 X 1.5 HP MaxEglass II, (one for main filter(4.9 sq ft sand), one for Caretaker/waterfall, and one for Spa).
    Currently using Goldline Salt Chlorine Generater (T-Cell 15).

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't know if those can output power or if they are switched to only be on if the pump is on. That is interesting, I need to read the manual some more.

My VS pump is wired direct and my IC40 is wired to a mechanical timer. I make sure my IC40 only runs in my pump run time window. It allows me better control over my chlorine output.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

I am considering doing this myself (IC40 and VS) and I'd say that you'd have to either wire the IC40 on the mechanical timer, connect it to automation equipment, or just leave it on all the time and have the internal flow switch turn it on/off.

I looked through the manuals of the Intelliflow and the IC40 and didn't see anything for wiring to each other.
    NEW POOL: 11k IGP, Pebbletec, Hayward Pro-Grid 3620 D.E. Filter, 1HP Pentair?/Emerson
    OLD POOL: 12.3k IGP, Pebbletec, Pentair 60 D.E. Filter, 1HP Pentair/Emerson + 1HP Pentair waterfall, Pentair IC40, and borated

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

The Intelliflo cannot control anything but itself. With that said, just wire it into your mechanical timer like others have said. No worries of exploding cell and less wear and tear on salt system. The LEDs are prone to going out on those cells. May as well let them rest as much as possible

7. Back To Top    #7

My IC 40 is on all the time - the lights are always on, BUT it only creates CL when there is water flow due to the flow sensor. So when the pump is off, the IC 40 is off (except for a few LEDs).
    18k vinyl IGP, Sand Filter, EasyTouch Control Sys, Pentair Intelliflo, Intellichlor IC 40 SWG, Rheem Heat Pump.