High Salt level - dumped water several times

Aug 25, 2012
I just received a replacement SWG cell after the old one was indicating a low salt level even though I had plenty of salt in there. Now the new one is of course complaining of a high salt level. I dumped about 5 inches of water several times by redirecting the pool cleaner pump output then refilling the pool. This works temporarily until the the salt level goes into the high level again. Not sure why this is happening. Does the SWG cell read the salt level incorrectly initially? Is my process for dumping water not sufficient? Is there a higher concentration of salt in the lower levels of the pool? Should I be using a submersible pump instead?

I just tested my water with my taylor kit and everything looks okay. Salt is a little on high side (6.8 reading) but not what the SWG is saying it is. Calcium hardness does seem to be high. Could that affect SWG salt reading?

Thanks in advance for your help.

5" in a 50" average depth pool is 10%. So you salt level should be going down by 10% each time.
What are you using to test the salt levels? Is that test showing a reduction?

CH will not affect the salt reading in the SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.