f3justusc

Aug 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have an old freestanding hot tub. When the cover is on, the heater cycles on/off based on the set temp. The temp remains constant and I am happy. However, when I am in the hot tub, cover off of course, the water temp drops 2-3 degrees degrees degrees but the heater will not kick in. On a rare occasion, the heater will come on by it is rare. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Is you hot tub running on 115V? The one we have can be either 115V or 230V. On 115V, you can run either the jets or the heater.

So while you are in it and running the jets, the heater will not run ... there is just not enough power available to do both.

Also the heater on 115V is much lower powered than it would be hooked up to 230V, so it also takes longer to heat up.

It's 220. I had it wired when I got the hot tub. When the cover is on, I hear it come on for 3-5 minutes so I know it's not dropping more than a few degrees.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.