Pump has air and returns

PoolStudent

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2014
Central Florida
My returns have a little bit of air coming out of them, and my pump has some air in it.

1. My water level is high enough going into the skimmer.
2. Suction valve is open for both the main drain and skimmer going into pump.
3. I believe the o-ring for the pump is making a good seal on the pump cover.

Also, I have a valve after my filter going to my returns. One of the lines has always been off since I've lived in the house, and I still have water coming out of the 3 returns. I don't have a good idea as to where the other line goes. Any ideas?

I don't know if this is contributing to my algae issue.

Sounds like a suction side leak ... which has nothing to do with algae. Algae is a chemical problem.

See Pool School article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/151-suction-side-air-leaks
See if the air in the pump goes away with the suction only from the floor or the skimmer.
Have you purged the air out of your filter?

The other return line could be a pressure cleaner line? Have you tried to turn the valve and see what happens?

Your signature is not very helpful, Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.