Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to clean the fountain feature piping of hotspring vanguard?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to clean the fountain feature piping of hotspring vanguard?

I've got some kind of buildup in there from neglect when I wasn't around. I've been flushing with various agents (jet clean, spaflush...etc) and more recently using a shopvac to blow air down the main pipe which resulted in disgusting whitish slime shooting out of the fountain. I did this a few times and the slime is minimal to non existent now, but I want to make sure everything is out. I blow out all the lines and use the shop vac to suck all residual water out.

Is there anything else I can do short of disassembling the tub and getting into the piping?
    Hot Spring Vanguard

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to clean the fountain feature piping of hotspring vanguard?

Fill the spa and bring it to shock level (10 ppm) and circulate it through the pipes to kill off whatever remains down in there.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

The best purge cleaner to use is Ahh-Some. Much better than Swirl Away and even better than Spa System Flush.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by chem geek View Post
    The best purge cleaner to use is Ahh-Some. Much better than Swirl Away and even better than Spa System Flush.
    I'm a believer in Ahh-Some now too after using it myself.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons