Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: trying to figure out pool vacuum

1. Back To Top    #1

Question trying to figure out pool vacuum

I have a hth multi-surface vacuum head but I do not have skimmer basket. Can I still use it and just hook it up to the filter pump? Or will it not work properly?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: trying to figure out pool vacuum

I'm not sure...if you have some sort of place in the plumbing where you can tap in to the suction side of the system then you should be able to vacuum, although it seems unlikely that there would be a way to do this.
    12,000 gal. Anthony IG pool; 3 ft. shallow end to 6 ft. deep end; Built 1989; Renovated July 2014 using a 10-part unexposed quartz plaster aggregate of 3 S-grade Blue, 3 S-grade Gray, 2 T-grade Blue, 2 T-grade Gray; Apollo VA-52 DE Filter; Hayward SP-2607X10 Super Pump 1-HP Single Speed; Jandy AE-Ti Heat Pump; Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

So pretty much the answer is no! I need to get a skimmer

4. Back To Top    #4

Where does your suction water come from the pool to the pump?

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature and as described HERE as it will help us help you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

jblizzle has given good advice...it's hard to help without knowing what your pool set up is like. I'm trying to envision a pool without some sort of skimming system and am having trouble doing that! What do you have that cleans the water surface?
    12,000 gal. Anthony IG pool; 3 ft. shallow end to 6 ft. deep end; Built 1989; Renovated July 2014 using a 10-part unexposed quartz plaster aggregate of 3 S-grade Blue, 3 S-grade Gray, 2 T-grade Blue, 2 T-grade Gray; Apollo VA-52 DE Filter; Hayward SP-2607X10 Super Pump 1-HP Single Speed; Jandy AE-Ti Heat Pump; Taylor K-2006 Test Kit