Dec 27, 2013
Hi all - This is our second year with our in-ground pool. We have a beautiful waterfall built up with stones piled on top of each other. About 2 weeks ago we started seeing bees around the waterfall, and the number is growing by the day! Last night I moved some of the rocks they seem to be going in between, but I see no hive... I don't want to pull away all the rocks because it will be hard to put back together, but I've sprayed two things of Raid into all the cracks & it doesn't seem to be working. Anyone experienced this or have any good advice for me?

Thanks!

don't kill the bees. bees are good. they are likely just scouting for a spot for the queen to stay. they are not dangerous unless defending the queen or under attack.
here is a youtube video of a beeswarm in the tree that was in my pool last year. the guy in the bee suit is my neighbor who lured the bees into his own "hive" and they still live comfortably in his backyard. he gets honey from them and actually makes his own mead from it.

http://youtu.be/zaHCeb6X_Q8

Spider and ground bee powder by Bonide. This stuff will take care of your problem, it is a powder with a small tube that you squeeze into where ever they are entering you pool slide. We had a bad wasp and carpenter bee problem and this takes care of it. They were attacking our kids so now they are gone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.