Too much HTH Super Algae Guard, now water is cloudy, what should I do

rj2222

Jun 11, 2012
Michigan
Short version, asked someone to take care of my pool, they forgot, i came back and had algae. So thought I would try HTH Super Algae Guard as it said it killed and protected against algae. Unfortunately I think in my rush I mixed up the lower initial dose amount with a follow-up amount, so double dosed it, now my water is pretty murky/cloudy. Does that eventually wear off? Or do i have to drain the pool a bit?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, never had a problem before with algae but someone was keeping an eye on it for me and forgot to add chlorine so got algae. Thought maybe that stuff might help jumpstart the algae killing. Maybe someone else will know about the cloudy part.

Thanks Robbie. I wonder of that's it then. I'll give it another day to see if the filter takes care of it.
On the t-shirts, make sure "all" is in all caps!
I swear 99% of the stuff hth sells is b.s.

- - - Updated - - -

so you think more chlorine will fix the cloudiness from the algae killer? I was too focused on the shirts haha

OK, PH is spot on, FC is at shock level, pool is vacuumed, filter pump itself is cleaned and has a new a/c filter in it, and set to always on.
One thing I just realized in the SLAM instructions, it doesn't say that CC stands for Combined Chlorine in the first paragraph like it explains what FC stands for. Maybe someone should add that.

Reactions: redlead3

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.