Hayward pump motor failed

Nov 16, 2012
Houston Tx
Hi I have a hayward super 2 pump with a century 1.5 Hp dual speed motor which appears to have burnt out its high speed coil so now only functions on low speed. system pressure is now around 5psi instead of the original 10psi.

Can I leave the system like this & just run the pump for more hours in a day or do I need to replace the motor ?

I take it the chlorine generator will still function as before ?

Sad thing is I replaced the pump seals a month or so ago ( due to a leak from primary shaft seal ) and its all been working great since then... pool season is only gonna last another couple of months so not sure if I should just wait till next year to replace the motor or if its even needed.

Appreciate any feedback,

All the best,

SS

You should be able to just run on low speed, may not even need more time. As long as the SWG is still getting enough flow to generate, it is fine as well.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you. If you have a sand or DE filter, then lack of high speed will prevent backwashing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.