Leaking Drain

Aug 26, 2014
California
I moved into my current house about 4 years ago, where the previous owner had built a nice inground pool. Because of the slanted incline backyard, the pump system is about 12 feet lower than the top surface of the pool itself. In order to get to the pump system, I have to step through the incline down a dirt path.

In between the pool and the pump system, there is a protruding PVC pipe in the middle of that path. It's about 3 feet protrusion. I never knew or bothered to find out what that pipe is for.

Starting about a month ago, that pipe starts leaking water. It's more than a drip but not a flow. I don't know where the water comes from. The water line from the pool drops a bit more than usual but the weather has been pretty hot too so I can't tell whether it's from that pipe or just evaporation.

Does anyone have any idea what that pipe might be for and whether it could be connected to the pool system or something entirely different?

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.