Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin cleaner recommendation

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin cleaner recommendation

I'm looking to get some recommendations for my pool.

It takes me about 1.5 hours to brush and vacuum my pool and I'm looking to get rid of this labor.

My pool is about 16K gallons, screened in, but we do get a lot of rain.

I'd like something that will brush and clean the pool, and I don't care too much for a remote since I manually do whatever it misses. I'd like to get something in the 600 dollar range but don't mind waiting for a deal to do so. It seems that dolphins are considered a great brand with 3 year warranties.
    16K gallon in ground plaster pool
    Hayward star clear plus c1202 Cartridge filter
    4 speed Pentair Intelliflo Pump
    TF-100 w/Speed Stir
    Manual Brush and Vacuum

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin cleaner recommendation

I don't think you'll find a Dolphin in the $600 range with a 3 year warranty. For the most part, the more you spend on a robot the more cleaning power you'll get and a longer warranty. Dolphin's seem to have good reviews here at TFP.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

I think I may find the nautilus or triton to be in my price range. Any reviews and what is a good price for either one?
    TF-100 w/Speed Stir
    Manual Brush and Vacuum

4. Back To Top    #4

Type nautilus in the search function in the upper right corner and a bunch of threads will pop up.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

The triton is currently 660 on amazon. Is the premier that much better that it is worth waiting for a sale on that versus getting the triton?
    TF-100 w/Speed Stir
    Manual Brush and Vacuum

6. Back To Top    #6

a triton for 660 will be a refurb with one year warranty. Why not look at the primal X3? 600 brand new with 2 year warranty.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

7. Back To Top    #7

it's new with a 2 year warranty. I went to the link below and the price was 670, and I double checked it was not used. I am contacting the seller for more info, and I will contact Maytronics to verify the serial number as well when I get the unit.

Amazon Dolphin Triton
    TF-100 w/Speed Stir
    Manual Brush and Vacuum

8. Back To Top    #8

I picked up a triton a couple days ago for the 660$ price - thanks for the tip. No tax and free shipping. All gone now at that price. It's definitely new and includes full warranty
    28000 gallon IG pool, 3.5ft - 8ft deep, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Interior, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Quad DE 100 filter, Pentair Intelliflo VS-SVRS, Whisperflo 3hp (water features), A&A Max in floor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch 8 Automation, Screenlogic II, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, Pentair Intellichem with acid injection via stennar pump, 9'x7' spa with Infiniti edge

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by PoolStudent View Post
    it's new with a 2 year warranty. I went to the link below and the price was 670, and I double checked it was not used. I am contacting the seller for more info, and I will contact Maytronics to verify the serial number as well when I get the unit.

Amazon Dolphin Triton
    No idea where you guys are looking, but that link says nothing about 660 price. Heck, I would have bought one for that price.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

10. Back To Top    #10

The price was from one of amazons vendors. They sold all of them so it now defaults back to amazons 795$ price. There were only 2 left when I purchased
    28000 gallon IG pool, 3.5ft - 8ft deep, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Interior, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Quad DE 100 filter, Pentair Intelliflo VS-SVRS, Whisperflo 3hp (water features), A&A Max in floor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch 8 Automation, Screenlogic II, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, Pentair Intellichem with acid injection via stennar pump, 9'x7' spa with Infiniti edge

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by jamcha02 View Post
    The price was from one of amazons vendors. They sold all of them so it now defaults back to amazons 795$ price. There were only 2 left when I purchased
    Yup, the two times I saw the deal it was only for 2. The seller was national discount pool supplies and it had free shipping.

Dolphin_Triton.jpg
    TF-100 w/Speed Stir
    Manual Brush and Vacuum