Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Led Lighting?

1. Back To Top    #1

Led Lighting?

Recently installed a Gunite pool. Have Pentair 5g LED lighting with an Easytouch control panel. So it changes colors or I can set it on one color. Getting ready to start on pool house construction and would like to also add LED lighting under the canopy. Is there a way to connect the canopy LED's to the Pentair pool light and they all work together?

Todd
    15x36 Gunite w/Diamond Brite(Bahama Breeze plaster), 3.5-6', Pentair Easytouch Automation panel, Pentair 3HP VS pump, Pentair CNC 420 filter, Pentair 5G color changing light, Polaris 360 cleaner w/booster, Pentair IC-20 SWG
    My pool build
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ales-Louisiana

2. Back To Top    #2

Current: Singapore Previous: Clayton, Victoria, Australia

Re: Led Lighting?

What kind of LEDs do you intend to install under the canopy?

The Pentair LED colours (individual colours and colour sequences) are controlled by cycling the power to the lights and may cause flickering of the canopy LEDs (especially when the lights are turned on) if wired together.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Led Lighting?

I don't know what kinda of LED to use. I was throwing it out there to gain some knowledge or see if anyone else had done this. I can always use a totally separate system to control the colors. I was just thinking of doing the wiring part while the walls are open and wires can be ran easily.

Todd
    15x36 Gunite w/Diamond Brite(Bahama Breeze plaster), 3.5-6', Pentair Easytouch Automation panel, Pentair 3HP VS pump, Pentair CNC 420 filter, Pentair 5G color changing light, Polaris 360 cleaner w/booster, Pentair IC-20 SWG
    My pool build
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ales-Louisiana