Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Are there any impenetrable spa covers?

1. Back To Top    #1

Marietta, GA

Are there any impenetrable spa covers?

My spa is on an outside deck underneath some large oak trees. I can foresee a likely spa cover every couple of years due to broken limbs penetrating the cover (see photo incl previous repair attempt). Are there any options other than cutting down the tree?

6-person Dynasty Spa Recreation series, 2-speed main pump (240v), 1-speed pump2(240v); ozonator
    36x15 vinyl in-ground pool (26000 gals) with diving board and water slide; Pentair Tagelus 60D sand filter, PentairIntellichlor IC40 chlorine generator, Pentair 250k btu natural gas heater

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Are there any impenetrable spa covers?

I've had portable spas for about 30 years and have never seen any that are more resistant to puncture. By design they are lightweight to make it easy to get on/off.

The only thing that comes to mind is maybe cut a sheet of 1/4" plywood down to the size of the cover and put it on top each time you close up.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

a quick google search for "hard spa cover" brings up a bunch of options.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

4. Back To Top    #4
    Grand Rapids, MI

Lol. Just wanna say I have the same duct-tape fix as you at the moment But I have now found BROWN duct tape hi ho!
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains