Intex salt-water generator: J9 / MOTO board connector?

Jun 1, 2014
Gilman, WI
Does anyone know what the J9 / MOTO connector is for, on the Intex salt water generator (with copper generator)? I am assume MOTO means "drive motor output" to turn on the pool pump when the salt-water generator wants to run.

B1blwkd.jpg

If this is correct, it's very odd that this feature isn't exposed as an output on the hardware, if it exists on the control board. It would be really convenient to use without having to mess with a separate digital timer to get the pool pump to be running when the SWG wants to start its generation cycle.

I've been contemplating trying to splice the Intex SWG into a hot tub so it's all integrated into the tubing, no exposed messy wiring. If that really is a direct motor drive output, that would save me much hassle from trying to hack the copper oxide-generator cable (which I don't want to use in the hot tub anyway) into a power-sense/motor-relay control cable...

bqWgVWT.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.