Keeping up with the heat - how much CA is too much?

Apr 30, 2013
CH: 0 for the past ten days. PH: 7.2. ALK: 128. CYA: 30. SALT:4800. Water temp: 90 degrees. Air temp: low 90's.

I've never experienced this problem before. I've checked to make sure there is good flow through our 3 CG cells. I cleaned the cells with HA. The water is clear but I don't like the CH being zero for so many days.

My only other thought is to add another 30 pounds of CA. My question .. can one put too much CA in a pool? Any other thoughts on what to check?

What is the problem you are having with the pool? Is the FC level too low and the SWG's not able to produce enough chlorine?

Our Recommended Levels. CH and CYA are low and TA is higher than we like for a SWG pool.

Do you mean adding 30 more pounds of CYA? If the CYA is 30 then adding 30 pounds of CYA will raise it slightly above 80 and is recommended if you are not battling organics consuming the FC. We can give more information on this if you are having FC problems.

Test strips should not be trusted to give accurate results and I would suggest on the recommended test kits, TF-100 or Taylor K-2006, see my signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.