Pump speed during SLAM

bosko

Silver Supporter
Aug 22, 2014
Ventura CA
I have a inteliflo vf pump. I have a pool that is green with high cc and low FC. I just started my first slam. Currently I have the pump set to filter all of the water twice every 24 hours. It's a 11,000 gallon pool and pump is running around 15gpm. Is this enough flow for slam? Or should I run it in manual at full speed?

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/3913-Turning-Your-Green-Swamp-Back-into-a-Sparkling-Oasis

Cut and paste from this article:

There are several things you need to be sure of before you start. First, the pump and filter need to be working. You need to have the pump running 24/7 during the entire process to make sure the chlorine gets everywhere, or you might not get all of the algae. Before you start, be sure you know how to clean/backwash the filter, and what the filter's pressure reading is when the filter is clean.

You dont need to run full speed. I would say 2x turnover a day is ok. The more flow you have while slamming will mean shorter times between backwashing your DE filter.

I have a inteliflo vf pump. I have a pool that is green with high cc and low FC. I just started my first slam. Currently I have the pump set to filter all of the water twice every 24 hours. It's a 11,000 gallon pool and pump is running around 15gpm. Is this enough flow for slam? Or should I run it in manual at full speed?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.