Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump speed during SLAM

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump speed during SLAM

I have a inteliflo vf pump. I have a pool that is green with high cc and low FC. I just started my first slam. Currently I have the pump set to filter all of the water twice every 24 hours. It's a 11,000 gallon pool and pump is running around 15gpm. Is this enough flow for slam? Or should I run it in manual at full speed?
    Pool & Spa Shared System 27,000 Gallons
    IG, Plaster,
    Filter Pentair FNS PLUS 60
    Pump Pentair Inteliflo VF
    Hayward SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump speed during SLAM

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...parkling-Oasis

Cut and paste from this article:

There are several things you need to be sure of before you start. First, the pump and filter need to be working. You need to have the pump running 24/7 during the entire process to make sure the chlorine gets everywhere, or you might not get all of the algae. Before you start, be sure you know how to clean/backwash the filter, and what the filter's pressure reading is when the filter is clean.
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pump speed during SLAM

You dont need to run full speed. I would say 2x turnover a day is ok. The more flow you have while slamming will mean shorter times between backwashing your DE filter.

Quote Originally Posted by bosko View Post
    I have a inteliflo vf pump. I have a pool that is green with high cc and low FC. I just started my first slam. Currently I have the pump set to filter all of the water twice every 24 hours. It's a 11,000 gallon pool and pump is running around 15gpm. Is this enough flow for slam? Or should I run it in manual at full speed?
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!