Hillsborough, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have been using the TFP method for 2 years and never had any issues. Pool water looks sparkling clear, but I noticed green mold/algae?? in my filter's view finder. Since my pool is so clean, I do need to backwash except I clean the entire filter once during the summer. I use the TF-100 test kits, below are my latest readings:

FC - 8.5
TC - 8.5
PH -7.4
TA - 95
CH - 240 (vinyl liner)
CYA - 85

Should I be concerns about the green algae in the view finder? I am assuming this is green algae.

No water is entering the view finder unless you are backwashing. So any water sitting in there may develop algae. Not a big deal. You can unscrew the view finder and clean it out if you want.

That's what I figured, and that's exactly what I did. Makes sense, since it is siting in the sun week after week and there is no chlorine in there since like you said, it's not the pool water unless I backwash.

If you've been following the TFP method for 2 years why do you have trichlor in your signature and a CYA level of 85 :confused:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.