Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taylor kit, impossible to buy in the netherlands?

1. Back To Top    #1

Taylor kit, impossible to buy in the netherlands?

Since a short while the owner of a arctic spa and in research of more information about how to balance the water i stumbled over TFP.
    I tried the teststrips, they don't really work. Very hard to determine the correct values.
    So i decided to purchase a liquid test kit and set my mind on a TF100. Big disapointmend, nowhere to buy.
    Does anyone succeeded in buying the TF-100 in the Netherlands?
    Arctic Spa Klondike Legend SE
    AG / Filter Cardtrige 50m2/ TFP / borates / TF100
    478 gallon @ 99.5-103.1 F Depending on season
    Ozonator disconnected

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Taylor kit, impossible to buy in the netherlands?

The TF-100 is only sold by one company in the US. It might be possible to have one shipped to you, but may not be very economical.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Jup, you can't find them here. I was lucky someone offered it to buy for me and ship to Nl, but it's not cheap since you pay US shipping costs + shipping to NL .. and now I hope I won't be charged with some import taxes or something like that.
    If I read the ducht/neglian forums, they mostly use the normal tests where you compare the color.

Hope you can find a solution to import, perhaps someone from the forum here is willing to help you ? Unfortunate for you, mine is allready being shipped otherwise we could have split shipping costs.
    40000 liter in ground vinyl pool with SWG : http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...he-Netherlands

4. Back To Top    #4

Best bet would probably be to look for a local-ish Taylor dealer:

Export to countries other than Canada are handled through established trading partners, whether
    international branches of established domestic accounts; global manufacturing partners offeri
    ng co-op branded products; or domestic firms specializing in export assistance. To select your best alternative,
    contact our Customer Service Team at 1-800-837-8548
    https://www.taylortechnologies.com/c...stributors.pdf

The TF-100 uses Taylor reagents but provides differently sized bottles of each reagent to best match what you'll need for following TFP. The Taylor kits work the same way but you'll run out of some reagents sooner than others and need to buy refills for those.
    Cedar hot tub, 680 US gallons - Snorkel wood-burning heater, canoe paddle, "offline" Intex 1000 GPH pump/filter with skimmer

5. Back To Top    #5

I wonder what big pools in The Netehrlands use to test their chemicals? The public pools, the saunas, etc... Surely they have accurate testing methods, right?
    By the way, edwin2014, I could offer to ship the TF-100 for you, I have a Dutch husband and we still have a Rabobank where you could reinburse shipping costs. PM me if you are interested.
    Built in 2014, 18,000gal, plaster, in ground, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 2.0 HP, Booster Pump, Cartridge filters, inline chlorinator, automatic cleaner, Pentair MasterTemp 400 heater, Silencer for SPA.
    Bloody hot summers in Katy, TX; the rest of the year is just plain hot!

6. Back To Top    #6

I did some google search, and it appears they use loviblond method with tablets.
    40000 liter in ground vinyl pool with SWG : http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...he-Netherlands

7. Back To Top    #7

ok, so it seems there is no regular solution to this.
    I wil PM mvoorn.
    Ozonator disconnected

8. Back To Top    #8

just a update.
    Got the tf100 kit. Way better than the strip's!
    Ozonator disconnected

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2014 View Post
    just a update.
    Got the tf100 kit. Way better than the strip's!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon