About 3 months ago I had a new DE Filter installed. The pressure on my old filter ran at 12 psi, the new one at about 18 psi. At about the same time as the new filter install, I noticed that the suction from the skimmers is lower than it used to be.
Here is what I've tried so far:
1) Backwashed the filter immediately after the installer left. Pressure the same.
2) 2 weeks ago I totally disassembled the filter and hosed off all of the grids. No holes or tears but there were masses of palm fibers tangled around everything.
3) Reassembled the filter, loaded it with DE and now the pressure is now at 20 psi.
4) Bought a Drain King in hopes that something was stuck in the pipes and I could flush it out, but I couldn't get it in past the T-bend
[attachment=0:3tnab62e]pump.jpg[/attachment:3tnab62e]5) Tried to work a snake into the pipe with the same results
6) Turned on the pump and the pump wouldn't prime for over a minute. Turned it on and off several times and then it finally primed.
Since I'm obviously not having much luck, should I just give up and hope that everything is a figment of my imagination? Or do you think that I have some kind of issue (the pool, not me ..) here?