Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellibrite 5G light

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellibrite 5G light

Have an older pool with a light that has not worked in the 2 years we have owned the house. We are finally getting around to replacing and I really wanted the Intellibrite 12v. I noticed that it requires a 11.5 inch niche. Our's is only 10 inches. Are we out of luck? Will it not fit or is it a matter of it voiding the UL listing? Have already ordered and received the light and I certainly don't want to try and install if I will need to return.
    Need your wisdom and experience.
    What about the Hayward universal?

Thanks
    30,000 gal, IG plaster
    2 hp Pentair Challenger pump
    Triton II TR 60 sand filter
    TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intellibrite 5G light

Anyone able to help?

Did find that is American Products niche. Measure 9-3/4 inches. Isn't there an adapter ring that might work?
    30,000 gal, IG plaster
    2 hp Pentair Challenger pump
    Triton II TR 60 sand filter
    TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intellibrite 5G light

i didnt measure my nitch in the pool... I will however tell you, i emailed pentair before purchasing the light and they informed me the light will work with the american products nitch..

I did just replace my american products light with a pentair 5g 400w equilivent 120 volt. Model 601202

It fit with no problems, and i just measured the chrome ring of the old light and it measures 10" exactlly. And from Mounting screw to mounting tab 9.25".

I will tell you if you are going to 12v make sure you have the transformer and test the input voltage... i'll just say a buddy bought a 12v light and hooked it up to 120v.... he wasnt real happy buying 2 $400 lights....
    40,000 gallon ig gunite, Pentair Challanger Century Centurion 2.2 HP Pump, FNS 60 DE filter, Polaris 280, Century Centurion 3/4 HP Booster Pump, Attached ig spa - 1HP Centurion pump - Dual non functioning blowers