Any recs for best filter cartridge?

otherchuck

Aug 27, 2012
Greetings,

My wife and I have a 6000gal fiberglass in-ground pool, and we have been using StaRite27002-0150 filters that are about 20"inches high and 13" in diameter. I never found that these cartridges do a great job. I clean the cartridge periodically by soaking it overnight in some kind of chemical cleaner (I forget the name...we get it a Leslie's Pools) and then vigorously hosing/scrubbing it off, but I never feel it gets sufficiently unclogged. Our pool should be pretty clean because only my wife and I use it, and usually we don't wear sunblock (I presume sunblock would contribute to cartridge clogging). With regular cleaning, how long should the lifespan for these kinds of cartridges be? I am in the market for a new cartridge right now, so any recommendations are much appreciated. I wonder if there is some 'new technology/material' available nowadays that improves the performance of these kinds of filters...the paper-fiber-y pleated paradigm that my StaRites utilize just seems a little 'old fashioned' but maybe that is just as good as it gets and I am expecting too much. Anyway, thanks very much for any advice re cartridge brands, technologies, vendors, etc.!

Chuck

You might try Unicel or Filbur carts. Both make very good filters, and may have some that will fit your filter.

Thanks...I will see if I can find something in the correct size. By the way, for some reason my signature file was wrong in this forum...it said I had a type of pool that was MILES away from what I actually have. Might have been confusing to you (as it was to me), but it has been corrected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.