Borates???

I did it early this year and the water does seem to feel "softer" and it's stayed cleaner. I think it was worth the time and effort.

I just did it yesterday. Great results.

My only suggestion would that you consider using boric acid instead of the borax/muriatic acid method. Boric acid is the more expensive option but it was so easy to do (easy to measure and dissolves fast) that I really think it ought to be the front-up approach that is taught in this forum.

Borax can substantially raise your pool's pH which is why it is necessary to down adjust the pH first with acid and then make sure you have enough MA on hand to hold down the pH rise. I feel like there's too much room for error there especially for folks that have naturally high CH like in the SW. A massive pH spike can lead to calcium scaling which is no fun to deal with.

My vote is for boric acid - Duda Diesel is a good supplier and you can order direct from them online or through Amazon.

One more point - do the borates when your water chemistry is balanced and at the right TFP target levels for your pool. Also make sure you have test strips to measure borate levels with so you can adjust as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.