Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool starting to look a little cloudy

1. Back To Top    #1

Mount Juliet TN

Pool starting to look a little cloudy

I am having a similar issue. Pool has been clear all summer long, but in the last few days starting to look a little cloudy. Just took readings below.

FC -- 4
    CC -- 0
    PH -- 7.6
    CYA -- 55
    TA -- 90

I use SWG system and supplement with Liquid Bleach when needed. Tuesday of this week they started construction on 3 lots near my house and now have 3 open lots near my house with dirt piles. I'm not sure if the cloudy / dingy is from the dirt now blowing into the pool or something else. Appreciate any feedback.
    19K Gal, 38'x28' (free form), depth 3 1/2' to 8 1/2', Vinyl, Astral Variable Pump (P280), 25" Sand Filter, Astral VX SWG,

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Cannot clear up a cloudy pool, have tried everything!

With your numbers looking like that AND knowing about the construction I would lean towards dirt blowing in.

Maybe add so DE to your sand to help filter out the fine dirt. I wonder if a sock over skimmer basket will help filter out the tiny stuff as well.

Do you turn your pump off at night? Does the dirt settle on the bottom?

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!