Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tulsa OK Remodel

1. Back To Top    #1

Tulsa OK Remodel

We need to remodel our pool, and need help finding a good contractor in the Tulsa area. If you know of someone, please send me their contact information.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tulsa OK Remodel

I have been shopping around to get my pool remodeled in Broken Arrow, OK since April and I can tell you I have not found a good pool company. I won't mention names but they all seem like unreliable people out to rob you. Some of them give a cheap guess quote on the phone and then come out and give you some high quote later. Some never show up but keep saying they will come by when they aren't busy. Others come out and ask how much money you have and say they aren't rich and need to make money to justify their insane prices. I am not sure if any of these places are licensed or anything. Most of the quotes I have received are more than getting a new pool put in and I just want new plaster and tile and add a small spa. I am very educated in pools as well so I know what everything costs them. All of the people I know that have had a remodel through a contractor said they never met all their promises on cost or time to install. I am now wanting to find the laborers that do the work and get them directly without using some contractor that marks everything up 100-200% because they aren't rich but think that I am.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Hippieboy9 View Post
    I have been shopping around to get my pool remodeled in Broken Arrow, OK since April and I can tell you I have not found a good pool company. I won't mention names but they all seem like unreliable people out to rob you. Some of them give a cheap guess quote on the phone and then come out and give you some high quote later. Some never show up but keep saying they will come by when they aren't busy. Others come out and ask how much money you have and say they aren't rich and need to make money to justify their insane prices. I am not sure if any of these places are licensed or anything. Most of the quotes I have received are more than getting a new pool put in and I just want new plaster and tile and add a small spa. I am very educated in pools as well so I know what everything costs them. All of the people I know that have had a remodel through a contractor said they never met all their promises on cost or time to install. I am now wanting to find the laborers that do the work and get them directly without using some contractor that marks everything up 100-200% because they aren't rich but think that I am.
    Did either of you ever find a good pool remodeling contractor in the Tulsa area? We are considering a remodel.
    Inground pool, gunite, 31,000-ish gallons, pebbletec finish, generally Hayward equipment (heater, filter, salt generation, stupid automation panel, etc.), but a Pentair whisper flo pump (because to be honest, I hated the Hayward one). I am not a pool person, and have never been in, nor intend to get in our pool. However, my husband likes the pool, and I am fond of him.

4. Back To Top    #4

The only guy I trust is Mark at Blue Water Pools. Tell him Ryan from Indian Springs sent you. Mark did mine and my neighbor's plaster and they look great. He can also build a new pool or do the whole remodel. In my case I only needed plaster since I had started with another guy that ran off on the job and I did the remaining prep work myself.
    Built in 2000, remodeled in 2016 - 16x30 20k gal gunite pool with raised spillover spa, Pentair 011018 InteliFlo 3HP VS Pump, Pentair 188592 Quad 60sq ft D.E. Cartridge Pool Filter, Pentair inline chlorine feeder, Intermatic PE653RC controller, Raypak Heater 406,000 BTU BG ELE