SLAMing but FC not rising

Thanks, Sunny. I plan to try a deep clean this evening to see if it helps. Haven't even cracked the filter open in 3 years or so (when we did a sand replacement).

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/73192-Deep-Cleaning-a-Sand-Filter

Yep...sounded like that might be an issue. I'm guessing you have a combination of nasty gunk in your filter and probably some deep channelling. The channeling is bad because it can lead to a significant fraction of your pool water bypassing the sand and thereby returning unfiltered water (and gunk) right back into your pool.

Once you get your chemistry under control and you pass OCLT, you might want to consider adding DE or cellulose fiber to your filter to help filter out the fine gunk particulates. It can be done after the SLAM is complete and only has to be done once to help filter out the junk.

Down the road, when you've had nice sparkly water and balanced chemistry, consider adding borates to the water to add a little insurance against another algae outbreak. Borates are totally optional so just put it on your bucket list of things to do for the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Diatomaceous Earth splash 10lbs.jpg
    Diatomaceous Earth splash 10lbs.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 27
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.